Terrence Burns, Chairman & CEO
In case you are confused, I am at the far right in the photo, next to two of my Olympic heroes, Allyson Felix and Michael Johnson at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Neither Allyson nor Michael have a formal affiliation with TBSG, they're just wonderful people and great friends. I also think this a cool photo and they said I could use it.
I have a long history in Olympic marketing, dating from 1993. My background is unique, and includes:
- A combination of sponsorship consulting/sales, Olympic and World Cup bidding, and international sports branding and communications.
- Serving "on all sides of the table" - as an Olympic sponsor, as a rights holder with the IOC/Meridian, and as a consultant to bidding cities and nations, rights holders and sponsors around the world.
- Advising clients as varied as the Australian Rugby Union, Australian Football Federation, Samsung, Petro-Canada, the City of Moscow, BHP Billiton, TNT China, Bell Canada, Dow Chemical, Nissin Foods, the IOC, and the International Paralympic Committee to name but a few.
- Directing Delta Air Lines' highly successful sponsorship of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games.
- Recruited after the Atlanta Games to join the IOC’s new external marketing agency, Meridian Management SA. I served as Meridian’s Senior Vice President – Marketing, responsible for managing the marketing and client servicing relationships with the IOC’s global TOP Partners.
- At Meridian, I helped spearhead the first-ever global assessment and positioning of the Olympic Brand, resulting in the IOC’s first brand image campaign, “Celebrate Humanity”.
- Served as the lead brand and marketing strategist for the successful Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010, Sochi 2014, PyeongChang 2018, and Los Angeles 2028 Olympic bids, and the 2018 Russia World Cup and United 2026 World Cup bids.
- Served as the lead brand strategist for Golf and Wrestling’s bids to return to the Olympic Games.
I also served as Managing Director Consumer Communications for NASCAR in 2003.
When not on an airplane, I reside in Atlanta with my wife Dani, and our Jack Russell terrier, Finn Burns. I am a graduate of Emory University (BBA) and Georgia State University (MBA), both in Atlanta.